2013 Open Centerboard
2013 Southern Cascade Regatta Notice of Race
Welcome to the Region's Premier Sailing Event!
The Southern Cascade Regatta will be held July 27th & 28th, 2013
Last year the Southern Cascade Ragatta implemented a number changes that resulted in a great regatta. The regatta will continue its long tradition of great sailing at a beautiful location. The big changes this year are at the resort itself. After many years under concessionaire management, the marina and campground will now be operated directly by Jackson County. RYC has reserved a block of tent camp sites on the waters edge south of the Jetty; this area is ideal for lasers and beach cats. If you are interested in one of these sites please reserve them over the phone with Jill Hammond at (541.774.8183). All other campsites can be reserved online at http://jacksoncountyor.org/parks/Camping/HowardPrairieResort/Reservations.aspx. For those racing keelboats, RYC will work with marina managment on wet moorage options and provide that information here on the regatta website as it becomes available. Howard Prairie Resort will continue to offer family-friendly camping and fishing, as well as amazing spectator views of racing from the jetty. Join us for a great summer weekend of sailing!
* Registration begins at 9:00 AM on Saturday and Skipper's meeting will be at 12:00 PM in order to accommodate those arriving to the lake that morning as well as ensuring the winds are optimal for racing.
* Target of 4 races on Saturday
* Dinner on Saturday night will run from 6:45 PM to 8:00 PM. This flexible timeframe allows racers time to tuck boats away without being rushed. Happy Hour will commence at 6:00 PM. Dinner this year is Mexican Fiesta (bring your sombrero!)
* Sunday's racing schedule will be based upon wind speed and direction, with an "on-call" system to wait for the winds to stabilize. Target of two races on Sunday.
* Expect to at least have fleets of laser one-design, multi-hulls (portsmouth), PHRF keelboats, and open centerboards (portsmouth).
* The Principal Race Officer has considerable racing and race committee experience and the racing will be well run.
Registration can now be completed safely and securely online using your paypal account or a credit or debit card. Click on the registration form below to register online. If you prefer a hardcopy form click the second link. All boats are required to be registered in Oregon or obtain an invasive species permit. Please send the club an e-mail through the contacts page if you have any questions. We recommend printing this online Notice of Race for your records.
Also Of Note: Are you interested in class racing on Friday afternoon/evening? We can easily arrange this for you so let's chat!
One-Design- 4 or more boats one-design boats will sail as a class. Three boats can opt for one-design at the request of the class and approval of the PRO.
Keelboats will be scored PHRF. PHRF ratings used will be the average handicap listed on the US PHRF ratings sheet, which is posted on the US Sailing website. If a boat is not listed, it will be the responsibility of the boat owner to provide one of two alternatives: a) A valid PHRF certificate; or b) A PHRF rating from a validated source (e.g. the manufacturer or an official class website). If only a Portsmouth rating is available, it will be converted to PHRF using the mathematical conversion per the standard formula.
Multihulls and Open Centerboards will be scored Portsmouth Handicap. The most recent yardstick published on the US Sailing website will be used and appropriate modification forumulas (if any will be applied). Please enter your handicap on the registration form. If modification formulas apply please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the nature of the modification calculations suggested.
Howard Prairie Lake Resort, Ashland, OR. Take I-5, Exit 14. Travel east on Hwy 66 less than one mile to the junction of Dead Indian Memorial Road (Sign: Mountain Lakes) . Follow Dead Indian Memorial Rd. for 17 miles then turn right on Hyatt Prairie Road. Travel a little over 3 miles to the resort entrance, on the left. The Resort houses a restaurant, store, launching, and limited slip rental.
2011 Regatta Results